Sunday, September 8, 2013

Lost Petals

You bloom along my skyline horizon, an ever changing landscape.
Your purples and your blues make no apologies for what they are.
Your body is a visceral flower, blood stark against white sheets.
All of your dreaming is a breath on the lips of god,
all of your screaming a single note in a crashing melody,
all of your dying is reels of tape on the cutting floor.

He takes everything apart, as though you were a puzzle to solve.
He breaks you down to the basest of base components.
He tears you up and throws your bits in the air like confetti.
All of your fluidity is flowing, eternally out and never in.
All of his love is written across your skin, tattoos that fade.
All of you is nothing to him.

I see your pieces float away, flotsam on the ocean of your life.
I watch the patterns shift, the wary smiles crushed with fists.
I observe the fading of hard kisses against paper thin skin.
All of you is falling apart, breaking under the pounding hands.
All of his "love" is your poetry, you drink it in and don't cry out.
All of my begging, all of my crying, its all the same voice.

You and I are the same being, deflowered goddesses torn from pedestals.
I scream with his hand around my throat, he lifts you off the floor.
He enjoys the struggle, the faint cyan of our skin as the air rushes out.
All of our love for him isn't enough to stop the pain.
All of our fear feeds his flame.
All of our resistance is fruitless.

No comments:

Post a Comment