Friday, December 27, 2013

Basorexic

I want you to kiss me.

I want you to cradle me in your arms, your lips pressed to mine, just holding me close.
I want our breath to mingle, our soul's trading spaces in our lungs to give us a taste of where we really come from.
I want to taste your whiskey soaked tongue, I want to savour your words, rolling them about in my mouth to get the flavour.
I want to be breathless, all the air rushing out of my lungs in sweet anticipation.

Wrap your arms about my waist, pull me close to you. Your eyes seeing into my windows, flung wide open to embrace your visit. Your heart, is it beating as fast as mine? Is all this sweet disillusion? Shall I regret this in time, or will you return all the feelings that are threatening to bubble over? I am so stuck on your mouth, your hair in my fingers, your body pressed to mine.

This is burning at the back of my throat. I am so out of breath, drowning in my own thirst, out of my mind for just one touch. Please, tell me, do you love me? Would you dare to take me in your arms, or will you leave me standing here, empty-handed? I am gasping in anticipation, begging for some sign or answer to this ill-written prayer. How is it possible to be this dizzy, this dazzled, over you? How is it that I am so lovesick over what you might do?

Kiss me as though there were no other girl, but me. I am so thoroughly disgusted with myself for being so desperate over your mouth, but I cannot escape the thought. I have no desire to stop. Just kiss me, once. Once and I shall float, I shall fly, I shall dissipate into a million sparkling pieces. Must I plead? Must I beg? If so, I will fall on these two knees and give you everything just to hear you say you will.

I want you to kiss me, but I know you never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment