Sunday, December 2, 2012

Last Breath

   Will this be the last breath
I take? The last thought I think?
Will this beautiful day be my
last?
   I'm trying to drink in the
beauty of these stars, but will they
be my last? Will this be my last
day in autumn's glory? My last full moon?
   Cascading sunlight brushes my
skin. Is this the last sun-soaked
sky I see? Is this my last love
drenched moment?
   Will winter's frigid beauty pass
me in my grave? I'm hungry for
the world around me, but the
more I take in, the more I wonder.
   Is this the last time I hold my baby?
The last time I see his face? Will
I see him grow up? Will what
I know murder me?
   I dream of the immanency of what
is coming. Is this my last dream?
Will this be my last writing? My
last poem?
   Will this be the last breath
I take? the last thought I think?
Will this beautiful day be my
last?

No comments:

Post a Comment