Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fucked Up

Baby, quit fucking with my mind.
You cling to me, saying softly, "mine".
Then you say you don't want me to
just stay for your sake. What about
staying for my own?

Stop holding me so tightly, then
telling me to go! Make up your mind,
do you want me to stay or do you want
me to go?

You say its getting serious, too fast
for your tastes. We are moving to
quickly in your opinions. Do mine even
matter in this instance?

If you don't want to be serious why
did you open the doors? Why did you
pry at my heart's icy chains? If you don't
want this to last forever why play games?

Baby quit fucking with my heart, I'm
not a doll, I have feelings too. Yours are
buried, but mine aren't. So speak,
talk in straight sentences, succinctly and
politely.

I have given you everything I
have to give. Everything I held dear,
everything I was saving up. You say
thank you, then turn away, what
does that mean?!

I'm confused, but I love you so I'll stay.
Not for you, but for my own sake.
I can't leave you behind, not like you
can leave me. I can't forget those arms
that held me, whispering "mine".

No comments:

Post a Comment