Thursday, August 15, 2013

In Your Arms

I wish I was in your arms.
The smell of your skin,
the scent of your breath a whisper in my hair.
I dream I am in your arms.

I dream of kisses along my jaw,
I wish for your heartbeat in my ear,
I long for you to just hold me.
Hold me.

I want to bask in your sweetness.
I desire nothing more than you,
your arms protecting me from myself,
our lips tasting secrets and truths.

I want to be the prized flower in the garden of your heart.
I want to bloom in the soil of your arms,
watered with kisses and sweet words.
I want to be your favorite flower; roses, lilies, hyacinths.

I wish I was in your arms.
The taste of your kiss lingering on my lips.
Your breath mingling with mine,
your eyes asking me for my everything.

I dream of your heart, a pillow for my head.
I wish you would see all of the love I'm willing to bleed.
I long for the day you realize that I've stood here,
begging, for years, waiting to be yours.

I'm still waiting.
I am waiting for you to be willing to wait for me.
I am waiting to be your everything.
I am waiting for you to put me first.

I'm still wishing for your arms around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment