Friday, June 29, 2012

Imagination

   An eagle soars through the empty desert of my mind. Waiting
for the flood of imagination to come through and sweep it away.
   A flood of water swirls around the corners of my mind's
house. It sweeps through, brushing away cobwebs.
   It sends an electric bolt through my body. Surging through
my fingers, moving the pencil across the page.
   The words surge forth faster than I can write. Thoughts get
jumbled across the blank page. Yet they magically come together.
   As swiftly as it comes, it goes. Inspiration and imagination
gallop away like wild horses, crossing the field of paper and ink.
   Breezes flutter the pages, casting thoughts to the floor. The horses
of imagination cast their silver shadows on my heart. Slowly,
they come back, did they ever leave?
   Slowly, I close the book and put the pencil on the desk.
Save my imagination for another rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment