Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My Heart's Breath

   I want to bare my soul and tell people that I love God. That I want to make a difference. I want to see heaven, I want to ride a horse and connect with it. I want to show my love and receive love in return. I want to race down those streets paved with gold. I want to swim in the sea, without fear of the evil that might grab me and drag me under the azure waves.
   I want to cast all my cares upon the one who died for me. To live my life the way He wants me to. I want to gaze at the stars and see God reflected in the lights shining on me. I want to be able to lift my gaze to heaven and feel the sun shining down on me.
   I want to regain pieces of my lost life and right my wrongs. I want to turn the clock back and change my bad decisions. I want to watch my Saviour die on the cross and see Him raised again. I want to be held in His arms so tight that I can't move my arms, except to squeeze back.
   I want life to be exciting, adventurous and unpredictable. I want to sing with the angels and fly with the birds. I want to cast my eyes upon Jesus' magnificent face and watch as He brings those He loves home. I want to hear people say, "There goes a woman after God's own heart." and I want it to be true.
   I don't want to go back to the old self, but want to dance and praise God in the new. I want to caress God's shining face and tell Him, "How great Thou art!"
   I want to understand everything about God and I want to hear His voice in the quiet nights. I want to believe in everything that is righteous, pure and Godly. I want to hear God whisper on the wind, I want to look at the sun and not go blind. I want to touch the moon. I want to float along on the cloud so white and sleep through the day and night.
   I want my life to be worth something to the one that made me in my mother's womb, I want to bring Him something that no one else has. I want to give my life to those who don't know and I want to tell everyone that my God loves me! I may make mistakes, and I may fall, but God still dries the tears I cry. He catches them and saves them for me. He wrote my name in His book, He knows my everyday. He counts the hairs on my head and He knows where it is I hide.
   He sees my thoughts and knows where I go to find comfort. He blesses me, when I don't deserve it, and He catches me when I fall down.
   Like a father, who loves his child, He chides and disciplines me. And when I don't think its fair, He listens patiently and then hugs me tight.
   And best of all, when I think I can't get any lower than I already am, He pulls me up and helps me stand against the tidal waves of life. I can hear Him calling my name and, when I answer, I want to say, "Thank you, Lord Almighty. You are blessed above all You have made."

No comments:

Post a Comment