Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Weak

I hear your voice in my dreams, hear it whisper at the edges of my sanity,
ever whispering, always calling. Why can't I let it go? Let you go?
Am I in love with you to be in love? Am I just missing what never was?
I have tried to be your friend, tried to understand why we never were.

I can't keep going on like this love, wishing I was you and wishing to be me.
I don't understand this bond that was never given a true chance,
I don't understand why I chase you when you turn, blond hair fluttering.
Am I wrong to feel the way I do, when I see you with him and her with you?

The voices scream inside my head, your tears caress my face.
Why can't I forgive myself for sins I never committed?
When will I stop chaining myself within a prison of my own regrets?
This is futile, this is wrong. But I stare at your pictures and I wander, lost.

Hold out your hand, one word and I will fly to you, all others forgotten.
Acknowledge me, please! Forgive me what ever sins, love me again.
Nothing makes sense, my mind is breaking, please stop the whispering.
Nothing is worth having, I want to understand.

Ah that I had loved you more when I had the chance. In love or out of it?
Hold out your hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment