Monday, May 14, 2012

M.A.B.

I said I wouldn't write anymore poetry about you.
That I would cut you out of my heart and forget I ever knew you.
I said I was moving on. I haven't.

Its not from a lack of trying. I have tried again and again.
But the thought lingers, Do you think about me?
Do I ever cross your mind?

I keep saying I don't want to do this to myself.
I keep flogging myself with your memory and what I lost.
I am shattered by my own devices, my own thoughts.

I said I would forget you. Forget whatever love I had for you.
I lied. A million times I have lied to myself and to others.
I say I am over you and I am not.

I fucking hate you and what you do to me.
I hate what you have done to me and how I can't forget.
I can't erase the part of me that wonders.

Do you ever long to see my face?

No comments:

Post a Comment