Thursday, July 26, 2012

Memories

   Your lips, your touch, your voice, caressing my face and hair. Hugging me tightly, kissing me gently, loving me always.
   You said it would be forever! You said that love was all we needed. You said you loved me, but all you wanted was control.
   How could you leave me? You broke my trust and my heart, which I gave you so freely. You deserted me for some other girl and left me all alone, to cry.
   I can't escape you and I still see you everywhere. You haunt my steps and my heart. You invade my dreams, my soul and my mind.
   Your face is all I see. Your smile has doomed me to eternal torment. Your laugh has driven me over the edge of insanity.
   I suppose no one finds "forever love" at age 10, but I was naive. You were older and stronger. You promised to take care of me.
   I don't know why, but after five years, I still love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment