Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Black Rose

   The twinkling of a bright, shining star. Black as pitch, lovely as silk. Darkness drapes over her like a shawl. Black covering, like frost on the ground.
   A deep reflection in a still pool. A time, a place, an air and space. Falling, falling. Plucked and laid in a coffin. Slowly lowered into the ground, to rest in peace.
   Peace? Peace is happy, contented and free. Not like this, not like me. Bump, bum bump, bum bump. Hearts beating all around me, people whose lives were cut short.
   The baby who never saw sunlight. The horseman thrown from his horse. The overdose that killed the teen. The murdered, subjects of violent cruelty.
   My life has been cut short. I can't tell what happened to me. My mouth has been shut forever, by a hand I cannot grasp or see. My life was taken without mercy.
   A black rose lying, in the snow, on the grave where now I sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment