Wednesday, July 11, 2012

That Others Might Live

   "Don't go!" was all I could
say to you the day you left
for the army.
   My heart cried out for
you to take me into your arms
and say you wouldn't ever
leave me.
   But all you said was,
"I go, that others might
live."
   Those words now echo across
the decades as my grandson
leaves for the Middle East to
fight terrorism.
   And all he says to me is,
"Granny, I go, that others
might live."
   I think back to a baby who
was born in a stable. He grew up,
taught others and gave up his
life for others.
   Did He say, to his mother,
"I go, that others might live."?
Even if He didn't, his example
is what my brother followed in
Korea and what my
grandson is following in the
Middle East.
"Greater Love has no one
than this, that He lay down
his life for his friends."
John 15:13 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment