Thursday, August 2, 2012

A Ghost in the Darkness

   Unholy darkness, not even a light can penetrate.
   Walking, running, through the dark. A shadow of myself, a ghost, a spirit thats no longer here. Unknown to any man.
   As agile as a spider, as fragile as it's web.
   Time, an hourglass, sand dropping through. Life itself pouring through the hourglass, like sand. Shadows of history flying through the desert of my mind.
   A shadow of myself takes wing and flies among the specters. Years, minutes, months, hours, time. A dark corner of the sky.
   A black fire burning through my heart. I cringe with fear and pain. A place, a time, a ghost and a fire.
   I realize, all to late, that I'm a ghost in the dark.
   Glowing eyes set in a dark shadow of a face. Hands aglow and burning with the black fire. A red heart beats within the fire, never burning, always beating.
   Clouded in a dark shadow of a cloak that holds within it a power unknown to man.
   The ghost in the dark has come.

No comments:

Post a Comment