Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Bloody Roses

   My heart is breaking. My body is shaking. Can you
see me? I'm trying to escape this wormhole. I'm not
strong enough to pull free of the chains holding me here.
   The pain pulls me away from my thoughts. Relief
floods over me as blood rises to the surface. My
fingers are bleeding and I'm relaxing. The pain
feels normal and comforting.
   The rain tears at my skin as we speed down the
highway. The cold taunts me as my hand moves in
the wind. My skin feels like it is coming off with the
rain.
   My heart pounds as the water rushes by. I want
to jump in, but I'm paralyzed by the fear of what I
long for. The silence around me is screaming. I'm alone.
   No one comes to save me. I'm trapped in the web.
I'm crying now and no one hears. my soul longs for
comfort, but even God seems so distant. When do I
get to wake up from this nightmare?
   I'm closing the door. I sit and pour my heart out.
I feel better, but I need the pain to reassure
myself. Tear at my nails 'til they bleed. The soft
skin rips and blood drips from my fingers.
   Once calm, I dream. I lay in bed and cry. My
innocence floats away as the full realization of
my life takes hold. I get carried out with my
mind's tide. I'm alone and lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment