Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Suicide Trilogy: Part II

   The sun is shining through the trees.
I can't feel anything. Nothing is moving.
I can't move at all. I think I am
dead. I see my reflection in a dim
mirror. My feet don't touch the
ground, my face is twisted, a rope
about my neck. My eyes are closed,
my face is pale, now I know I'm gone.
   Suddenly, the reflection changes. I see
pain filled eyes, tired hands and weary
feet. I replay my actions in my head. I'm
so desperate, maybe even selfish. I want
the pain to stop, the emptiness to go away,
a flood of relief to sweep over me.
   I slip my head through the rope's
loop. Tears flow from my soul as I
kick the chair out from under me. For
a few moments, I'm suspended, in more
pain than before. Everything is going
black now, the last thing I see is my
still form. I think I'm free.
   The sun is shining through the
trees, but I don't see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment