Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Breaking Ties

   My mind is confused,
my heart is broken and bleeding.
I want to tell you the truth,
but how can I?
   Tears quiver on my black
eyelashes and travel down
my cheeks. I'm trying to explain,
but you won't listen.
   I love you, but we can't
be. You don't understand, I've
been hurt before. You've been
kind, but you broke my heart.
   Please, understand, I love you,
but I've changed. I don't love
you, like you say I do. You
don't really love me the same.
   I'm something you want,
but I can't let you have me.
Because it won't work out.
And if it's meant to be then,
God's will be done. Let me
hug you and say goodbye. I
wish you the best and hope
you will still see me as a friend.
   My mind is confused,
my heart is broken and bleeding.
I want to tell you the truth,
but how can I?

No comments:

Post a Comment