Saturday, November 17, 2012

Going Back

   This is who I am, who I've become.
The girl you see isn't the real me. I've
been hiding for what seems like forever. The
other part of me tucked away so deep that I
couldn't find her. She slipped away to a
quiet place where she could see Jesus' face.
   This is who I am, who I've become. I'm
not fronting anymore. I refuse to hide who
I am, deep inside. I'm scared and alone,
but I won't back down, won't go back.
This is what I've become, I refuse to let
you bring me down.
   This is who I am, who I've become. You don't
control me, I won't let you. I'm not going
back and I won't go to my grave lie this,
I'm going to my grave, the real me, who I
was meant to be. Did you even care
enough to see?
   Jesus, hold me tight. I know I can't win this
fight, on my own. You've got to help me,
cause I'm not going to hide anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment