Tuesday, November 27, 2012

When I first Loved

   They say the sweetest dreams are those that come true. The ones that can be held in your hands and loved for an eternity. My sweetest dreams came true when I first loved you.
   When I first realized I couldn't live without your smile, and tender heart, I knew you were the one. You were the one I'd waited, prayed and longed for. You were my wish come true.
   You were so much more than a passing friend. You listened, you were always there for me, good times and bad. Your kindness showed me love, true love. You showed me love past all my pain.
   You became a confidante, my best friend. I felt comfortable sharing everything with you. Your advice and compassion were arms that sheltered me from many a storm.
   Despite what you think, I've loved you from day one. Something in my heart said that you would help me heal. God prompted me to speak.
   Without God's prompting, I never would've spoken, never would've shared my hurt. I didn't
feel comfortable talking to anyone. God saw a need and He sent me you.
   And now, as I confess my love for you, I hope you find you love me too. You were, and are, my dream that God saw fit to make come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment