Thursday, September 6, 2012

Daughter of Darkness

   I'm the daughter of the dark, sister of the wind, wife of the shadows, mother of the silence. I'm a wandering ghost, a distant memory. I'm forgotten, abandoned, alone, rejected.
   I'm being called into the light, pulled away from my troubled past. The light of love pulls me toward Him. I'm scared, afraid of pain. He caresses my shadowed, hollow, face. He whispers light into the corners of all my being.
   He leads me on, into the sparkling sunlight. At first, I cringe to see my filth. I try to hide myself from Him, but He gently speaks words of comfort and I follow.
   He washes my clothes in blood and they turn white and glorious. He places a crown of silver stars on my head and leads me to His Father's throne.
   We stand before the author and finisher of my faith and He lights my heart. My heart blazes with the fire and passion of being loved, no matter what I've done.
   I'm not the wife of the shadows. I'm a bride of the Son. I'm not the mother of the silence. I am going to be the mother of future believers. I'm not the sister of the wind. I'm the sister of the light. I'm not the daughter of the dark. I'm the daughter of the King of Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment