Friday, September 21, 2012

Midnight

  I am trapped. Trapped behind
my mask, behind my fears, my
scars. So many secrets I long
to let go, to many that no one
will know.
   If I spoke all the words
in my heart I would break. Break
under the pain and sorrow that
follow those many words. I am
buried.
   This house has been destroyed
and under it's destruction I am
hiding. No one can know me.
I can't let anyone into my pain,
my secrets, my death.
   Where is God? Does He still
hear? Does He still care for
fleeting shadows? Does He still listen
to lowly man or has He given up?
   So much is built up within
me that I can't breathe, can't
focus, can't speak. I drown
in my own silence, in words to
silent to know.
   Does no one know how to hear?
Does no one see me? Are you
blind and deaf? Am I completely
gone?
   Invisible and trapped. No one
sees, they don't want to. No
one hears, they never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment