Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Glass Boxes

   Beauty lies inside of me,
though hidden carefully.
   Death lies all over me,
for everyone to see.
   Poetry hides in my soul,
looking for a safe place to go.
   Evil hides within my heart,
ready and waiting to start.
   Life is full of contradictions,
hidden deep within the prisms.
   We trap ourselves in glass,
coffins built to last.
   We are broken-hearted,
bleeding and departed.
   Someone rescue me,
someone set me free!
   Does no one hear my cry?
Why do we even try?
   Someday I will be released,
given wings and space to breathe.
   Love was a cross bore to Calvary,
Christ's death sets me free.
   Trapped inside a tomb,
hidden in an Earthen womb.
   He breaks the chains, sets me free,
I fly to him, able to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment