Sunday, September 23, 2012

They

   They say life is hard and it doesn't get better. But no
one said it would be this hard. No one ever said I would
have to watch my world shatter, breaking into a million
pieces before my eyes.
   No one said it would be easy, but they didn't say
you would have to live in fear. No one said I would have
to watch my heart break every day. Or that I would
watch myself grow old in the mirror, dying every day.
   They say God loves us, that He listens to our prayers.
I'm tired of this God who doesn't seem to hear me, who
doesn't seem to care. I'm tired of people who lie, who lie
about lying. I'm sick of this world and everything in it.
   If God exists, then where is He? Why isn't He here
with me? Why is He letting my family, my life, fall
apart? Does He even listen to prayers anymore? They
say He does.
   What do "they" know anyway? Damn them! Damn "they"
that say God is holy, but curse His name. "They" never
speak truth, hypocrites and murderers. If "they"
aren't sure, then I don't want to listen anymore.
   I refuse to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment