Sunday, March 3, 2013

Omphalos: Prologue: Carly

I suppose it is no secret that this whole mess is my fault. I accept full responsibility for it.

I am the one who committed adultery.

I am the one who stopped communicating.

I am the one who grew lazy and stopped trying.

I am the one who burned all my bridges.

I take full responsibility for this. And I regret it with all my heart.

I have always known that relationships, especially marriages, take maintenance. I knew that it would take one hundred percent on both parts to work. I knew, but I grew lazy. I let my husband do all the work. I let him try to compensate for my shortcomings. I let him believe it was through some fault of his and not my own.

So it should not come as a surprise that this marriage, and friendship, is coming to a bitter end. It should come as no surprise that my behaviour, and stupidity, has caused all this. I know I should let this go as gracefully as possible. I've already caused enough damage. I am sorry.

I am so sorry. I know we will never be the same again. Just like with a broken leg, our gait will never be the same as it once was. But I want to try! I want to attempt to fix this, attempt to rebuild. I want a second chance, even though I know I don't deserve one.

Is there anyway to fix it?

Would you be willing to try?

No comments:

Post a Comment