Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Seed

I am something and I am nothing. Whittle me down to my base ingredients and what do you have?
I am a seed waiting for the sun to shine before blossoming into rosy hues and full petals.
I am a witness to the massacre of my body by time. I am a stumbling block of my own design. Yet I have the power to rebuild, to renew, to regenerate. I have to power to soar and to accept nothing less than what I deserve.
The music within me is a heartbeat, it echoes in my ears and travels through the air. My spirit is a freewheeling bird dancing on a playful breeze. I will not be brought back to earth and my heart will not be silenced.
I have the power to be more than something, to be more than nothing. I, alone, have the ability to grasp the sun in my two fists and drag it down to brighten my face, cause my seeds to grow.
How can the gaping ground be all there is awaiting me?

No comments:

Post a Comment