Monday, March 26, 2012

Donnie

I can see the starlight flickering in perfect blue orbs,
I can feel the heartbeat that races as fast as mine,
I can taste the sweetness that lies within soft lips,
I can hear a soft inhalation, a taking in of this moment.

I look and all I want to do is memorize your face,
I can't seem to soak up enough of your sunshine.
I am a dying flower, wilting in a desert,
You are the water that refreshes me, restores me.

You slow, look at me with those eyes that know my soul,
Arms wrapping around me, sheltering and protecting.
You search my face, you look almost worried by the tears.
Darling, its only heart's rain, give me a moment, we'll be fine.

You can see the light hiding at the back of black pools,
You can feel the broken heart beat continue to run,
You can taste the salt in the tears that flow,
You can hear a timid, an uncertain, I love you.

And You smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment