Sunday, March 18, 2012

Miss Inferiority Complex

He pushes the limits. He crests the brinks and edges of my reality,
forcing my eyes up and kisses my lips like they are the sweetest.

"Stop brushing away the tears, Miss Inferiority Complex," he says.
"Stop your crying, because I love you no matter how you look."

He stands outside my walls, screaming protests in my eardrums,
demanding that he be let inside and threatening to tear it down.

"Don't leave me out here, Miss Inferiority Complex," he says.
"Don't let this be the end of us, because I love you no matter what."

He breaks down the walls, he invades my space, he breaks my heart
and stitches me back together. Opening the places that I had hidden.

"Let me love you, Miss Inferiority Complex, let me in," he says.
"Let me help you, darling, because I love you for you, forever."

So I let him in, I let him caress me and I let him break down the walls,
wipe away the tears. In the end I am who I am, but he still loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment