Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wonder Woman

If the situation were reversed, if it had been You today,
you would be upset, rightly so. You would be angry,
you would want to talk about it, spill bottled up venom.

If the situation were reversed, if it was the love of Your life,
you would be upset, rightly so. You would want to prove me
wrong, shove away my doubts and you would be hurt.

If the situation were reversed, would You be there for me?
Would you listen, patiently, trying to help me? Or would it
be different? Would it be an all together different thing?

If the situation were reversed, I would be alone, defenseless.
I am tired of being the sword and shield, tired of defending.
I am the Rescuer, but what I want to know is if there is anyone
who will defend and rescue me?

No comments:

Post a Comment