Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Auschwitz: Feb. 17th, 2008

I have stood, within these prison walls.
People are crying and dying, screaming
and throwing up all around me. I am
clinging to what little bread I have. Praying
to God that the soldiers don't come back.

The tattoo on my wrist is my new name.
the numbers burn me, burning my skin.
It is so cold, so cold that I can't feel my feet.
Huddled in the corner of this terrible place,
I'm so scared.

They call this place Auschwitz, a prisoner
camp. I don't understand, why these
soldiers could hate me so much. What
have I done? This star on my shoulder,
it is more like a scar.

The gas fills the air, it is filling my lungs
like a cloud of white smoke. And I stand
here and I take it all in. I am afraid, and
so cold. Every moment is agony, but soon
it will all be over.

They call this place Auschwitz, my
final resting place. Killed by one man's
hate. I stand, filling with the gas, thrown
into a massive grave, person upon person,
tears upon tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment