Monday, January 9, 2012

Nightmare

He's on top. Breathing hard, moving rhythmically.
I'm holding back my screams. Pretending that this
isn't happening. Pretend I am enjoying it, so that
he won't hurt me anymore than he already is.

Inside my head, I'm drifting away. Fading far from
this place. The gravel under me is pinching and I
can feel the blood, falling in droplets from between
my legs.

God, save me! White walls, enclose about me,
trying to save myself. Lie back, relax, pretend that
this isn't happening. He'll be done soon and I
can fade away, quietly.

And as he finishes and rolls off of me like water
off of leaves, I let the tears flow. Let them fall.
He holds a hand over my mouth. Raises his blade
and then all is blood and darkness.

No air. No life. No pain

No comments:

Post a Comment