Thursday, January 26, 2012

Boy and Girl

Girl: The darkness takes you. I am left alone and
so very cold. Baby, why'd you fade? Don't go, please
stay. Words echo, empty and forgotten as a misguided
arrow.

Boy: As my eyes see white and black, the darkness
consumes the light. There is no going back. I can't stay.
I don't want to go alone, I can't hold on. Your words
aren't lost, I hear them, hit straight and true.

Girl: Baby, I'm so alone. I'm screaming your name to
the fires that burn memories. You're falling further and
further. I can't feel you anymore. You've left me
shivering in the frigid, dark, air.

Boy: Sweetheart, You aren't alone. You're screaming
and crying, your tears touch my soul. The fires, let 'em
burn, memories do only harm. I'm holding you, can't you
feel my arms? Take my warmth, baby, don't cry.

Girl: I've forgotten what your voice sounds like. Blood
runs to your side. Dear, I never meant to lose you this
way. Sunshine tries to flood this broken womb, but its
to full of broken dreams. We separate.

Boy: Hear me, I'm calling out to you! You're turning gray,
baby. I try to kiss those perfect lips, but they fade. I
wonder, are you the ghost or am I? Can you hear me?
My screams come back, void.

Together: Alone.
                Frozen.
                Broken.
Baby, if its all the same, the dark was a better
lover anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment