Saturday, January 7, 2012

Shipwreck

I'm drowning, pulling you down to me.
Screaming, crying out to the careless sky.
Ocean waves swirl about, silky soft,
filling my lungs with salty kisses. I gorge
myself, taking in my fill, being wrapped
up in this satin prison, no glass or bars,
I am held in these broken arms.

There is no escaping, slipping further
under and I'm okay. You never saw me
anyway. I don't want to hear you,
so no more crying to the sky for arms that
no longer know their way home. These
metaphors can't save a drowning man.
Closed off, falling further down.

I am lying at the bottom of these waters,
my cold eyes gazing up through this splintered
mirror. Watching the stars fade to clouds,
moons fade to suns, ships pass over. I am
none. One last memory, burned to the bone,
I'm drowning, depths unknown, and I am
all alone

No comments:

Post a Comment