Friday, January 13, 2012

None Love as I

None loved as I when I first loved he that died.
Nor could any fathom the depths of his soul's touch
   to mine own.
None could love as I when first I cried for his blood.

Depths of oceans green, float about him now, his
   curls drenched in bloody wine.
And none could love as I when first I touched his
   soul to mine.

Sleep, weary traveler. Die softly in words shattered.
Can't contain the holes, they fill and splatter pain.
None can love as I when curled in my arms he died,
   grief is a poison, live and die.

None love as I, dying by the side of the road, where
   tears of gold stream down my broken empty eyes.
   A broken skull, full of roses sweet, place the cross
   at the feet. And none love as I, when rain is upside down.

No comments:

Post a Comment