Saturday, January 28, 2012

Wedding Vows: aka I Promise

I give you my heart, please don't break it. It can be
more fragile than glass. It will beat only for you, bleed
only if you ask it to. It loves you more than anything
in this whole world. I give it to you, to protect and
hold, forever yours. Will you give me yours too?

I give you my body, please don't abuse it. It can
be fragile too. It will work for you, move with you, be
as one with you. It, too, loves you. Hungers for your
touch, begs for your caress and yearns for you to
hold it close, forever yours. Will you give me yours too?

I give you my soul, that we may transform from two
into one. One heart, one body, one soul. It is willing
to die to save you. Willing to sell itself to Hell, if that
is what it takes. It longs for you and I to be joined,
held close, forever yours. Will you be one with me?

I promise. Give my word that I will Love you, Honour
you and Obey you. In sickness and in health. Through
the worst times and the best times. For richer or
poorer, in sadness and joy. Forsaking all others, to
hold you close, forever mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment