Saturday, February 23, 2013

A Statement

I'm sorry. I can't vote for someone who believes that I don't deserve equal pay for equal work, who believes that women who have been raped deserved it, who believes that I don't deserve the right to birth control, who believes that I don't deserve to be in love with who I am in love with.

I can't. I can't because, no matter how down I may get on myself I know a few basic truths:
I don't deserve to be raped. No one does. EVER. No matter what I wear or what I do.

I deserve equal pay for equal work.

I have the right to LIFE, therefore I deserve to have access to what makes me healthy.

I have the right to LIBERTY, therefore I deserve to be able to live my life free of fear.

I have the right to HAPPINESS, therefore I deserve to be happy with whomever I choose.

So, when the time comes, you can say what you want, hate who you hate, I will stand by who I will stand by and I will still support who I support. And if you wonder why, you can look over what I've said and you will either understand or you won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment