Wednesday, April 18, 2012

J-Rock Wizard of Oz: Chapter 7

Chapter Seven: Meeting the Yoshiki Lion

“I get it,” Said Sarai. “This is the part where we begin to chant. Because we had to meet up with the Bitch first. Of course.”

“No offense, Sarai, but this is no time for joking. We just almost got devoured by flying baby heads! Now we are horribly lost in another part of this scary forest and may very well be eaten by something else.” Said Pomme, trying not to cry.

“Oh, it’ll be alright Pomme. We’ll have you back to your Auntie Fawn soon enough. Then you can explain to her why you were out with the cute Koreans.” Replied Sarai, giving Pomme a playful kiss on the cheek.

As they walked, the bricks began to become worn and faded. Eventually the bricks stopped completely and, dismayed and feeling defeated, the group sat down to rest and to figure out what to do.

“Well, this isn’t good.” Said Gackt. “As long as we had a brick road to follow there was a chance of getting out of here. Now, now I don’t know what we are going to do. All of this has changed since I was frozen in place.”

“Sarai,” said Miyavi. “What were you saying earlier about lions and tigers and bears?”

“Oh, it’s just a line from a movie, Miyavi. There probably aren’t any lions or tigers or bears here.”

“I beg to differ.” Replied Pomme.

“Why?” asked Sarai.

“Because there is a big lion right behind me!” with that Pomme, Miyavi and Sarai all jumped up and fell over.

Just in front of them stood a tall figure with a long tail and a shaggy mane. It growled at them, then dropped to all fours and came up to them. As it got closer they noticed that it was, in fact, a lion with shaggy gold and silver fur all over its body.

“Holy Hell! Now what do we do?!” cried Pomme.

“Um, I don’t know! Hold still. Maybe it will go away!” replied Sarai, trying to remain calm.

Instead of going away, however, the lion came closer, sniffing at Sarai. Slowly it crept closer and closer, until it was a few inches away from Sarai’s sandaled feet.

“Go away.” Said Sarai, moving back a little and propping herself up.

The lion growled, low and threatening, then moved closer still. Quickly, Sarai jumped up, kicked off her sandals and began to run. Quick as lightning, the lion followed, chasing Sarai around a tree. As Sarai came around one side, Gackt came up and smacked the lion on the nose. The lion stopped, stunned, then sat down and began to curse.

“Fuck! That hurt! Goddamn, why did you do that?! I wasn’t going to hurt her! Fuck! Is my nose bleeding?!”

Sarai stopped, panting from running. “How was he supposed to know you weren’t going to hurt me? Why were you chasing me anyway?!”

The lion stopped worrying about his nose for a moment and looked slightly sheepish. “Your hair is really curly and I wanted to make one of them bounce.”

Sarai looked at the lion, the lion looked at Sarai and then they both burst into a fit of laughter. Just as they began to laugh Pomme and Miyavi caught up, instantly coming up and helping Sarai.

“I’m Sarai. What’s your name Mr. Lion?”

“Yoshiki. That’s Yosh-Key. Not any of that Yo-she-key shit. Just Yoshiki. You can call me Yo for short, if you like.” Said the Lion.

“Well, this is Pomme, Gackt and Miyavi. We are on our way to the Pink Star City to see the Wizard of J-Rock. Would you happen to know the way out of this forest?” asked Sarai.

“Actually, yes I would. I can show it to you, but in exchange you have to take me with you.”

“How did you become a talking lion?” asked Pomme.

“Well, once I was a human being. I was actually a Prince in a city far away from here. One day I was out for a walk and the Wicked Bitch of the West showed up. She tried to seduce me and I almost fell for it. But when I finally told her that I wasn’t interested she got angry and turned me into a lion. Do you think the Wizard could turn me back into a man?”

“I don’t know,” said Sarai. “But it is worth checking out. Let’s go!”

So, the group linked arms and Yo led them out of the forest and back onto the Pink Gibson Road. By the time they reached the road it was dark outside. The sky was ablaze with the eyes of people all over the universe staring at one beautiful orb of light. They stopped a moment to stare at the sky, then quickly continued on their journey to the Pink Star city.

No comments:

Post a Comment