Thursday, April 5, 2012

Mannequin and Cap'n

Its coming down to blurry lines and strange Goodbyes.
          Or are they Hellos?


My brain is fuzzy, what was in that drink you gave me?
          Is it just my mind playing tricks on me?


You're so beautiful, do you know that?
          I wish I could be half as pretty, but I'm not.


Flowers sit on the floor beside you, rest your head on my knee.
          The flowers are dead and your head is a skull now.


What was the last line in that love song?
          The one about never being alone?


He is playing music in my brain, blaring it so I can't think.
          I wish he would come back, I really miss him.


You know what? You look very familiar, have we met?
          Married? To who? Me?! No way, when did that happen?


I am not drunken, nor am I sobered. Touch me, lets see where
          this will go... Or not, I am too drunk


Damn my luck, you were only a mannequin. I should've known.
          A shoulder for everyone, but always alone.


So, I'll sit here a while longer, let the alcohol burn through me.
          Or maybe I should leave now, so we don't start arguing again.


Dammit, I loved you once. I'll be drunk as hell in a minute,
          So maybe you should go home. Go home to her, leave me.


Dammit, I lost the rum, did it spill in the toilet?
          Or did you take it with you?


Sitting all alone, a mannequin for companionship and a
          bottle of Cap'n. Damn you.

No comments:

Post a Comment