Sunday, April 15, 2012

J-Rock Wizard of Oz: Chapter 4

Chapter Four: Meeting the Miyavi Scarecrow

They walked for what felt like hours when they finally came to a crossroad. They looked to the left, then to the right and then straight ahead. Slightly dismayed they looked around for a road-side assistance booth, but quickly gave that up because this wasn’t Japan. Finally, Pomme plopped down on the side of the road and tried to think.

“You know, it would’ve been nice if hide would’ve told us which way to go if we came to a crossroad. Now what do we do?” asked Sarai.

“Well, you could go that way!” said a voice.

“Who said that?”Asked Pomme.

"Or you could go this way?" said the voice again.

"Where are you?!" asked Sarai, irritably.

"Over here, silly!" replied the voice.

The girls looked around, but only saw a feminine looking scarecrow standing in a big field of neon purple street lamps. This scarecrow was also very unique compared to the scarecrows back in that tiny village in Japan. This scarecrow was wearing a baggy pair of black pants and a long sleeve black shirt that seemed to have chains and straps hanging from it like a straight-jacket. The scarecrow's hair was rainbow colored and spiked in every direction, with a lip ring on his bottom lip.

"Did that scarecrow talk?" asked Sarai.

"I hope not, because that's usually a very bad thing in horror movies." replied Pomme.

"Oh, I agree," remarked the voice. "But I promise not to hurt you!"

The girls stared at one another, then looked over at the scarecrow. The scarecrow smiled and winked, causing the girls to do a double take.

"What the hell? First homicidal androgynous munchkins, then good fairies in hot pink bubbles with crooked purple wings, THEN a pink road with guitar shaped bricks and NOW a talking scarecrow! What next?!" exclaimed Sarai.

"Any chance you could get me down from here?" asked the scarecrow.

"I suppose so," replied Sarai. "There really isn't anything else we are supposed to be doing. How did you get stuck up there anyway?"

"Well, this field belongs to the Wicked Bitch of the West. So she decided to make me, then place me here to scare away the munchkins and their crazy friends. The problem is that the munchkins nailed me to this post so I couldn't chase them. So, they throw wild parties and I get blamed."

"Well, that's an interesting reason. We met the Wicked Bitch and she doesn't seem very nice. By the way, I don't have a hammer to pull out the nails. What should I do?" said Pomme, stumbling in her nine inch heels. Just as she began to lose her balance she grabbed the post to steady herself. Unfortunately the post wasn't strong enough to hold the scarecrow and Pomme and it fell over, splintering into little pieces and freeing the scarecrow.

"Well, that worked. Good Job Pomme!" said Sarai.

"You shut up, bitch. Help me up!" cried Pomme.

Sarai held out her hands and pulled up Pomme, the scarecrow began to pick off some stray pieces of straw.

"So, Scarecrow, what is your name?" asked Sarai.

"Miyavi. Or V for short. Or M-Y-V. Or... um... how about just Miyavi? Does that work?"

"Yeah, it works. I'm Pomegranate, but you can call me Pomme."

"And I'm Sarai," started Sarai.

"Or you could call her Toto!" interrupted Pomme.

"Toto?" asked Miyavi.

"Ignore her! Do you know which way we should go? We are going to see the Wizard of J-Rock in the Pink Star City to see if he can help us get back home." replied Sarai.

Miyavi shrugged his shoulders and shook his head.

“I don’t know anything at all. When I was made the Wicked Bitch made me without any internal organs, including that thing in your head… you know what I mean?”

“A brain?” asked Pomme.

“Yeah, a brain! She made me without one of those too! Actually, to be brutally honest, I have no idea how I’m even considered a living being without any internal clock work…” the scarecrow paused a moment, as if considering something important. “Do you have any cookies?”

“What?” asked Sarai, astonished.

“What?” repeated Miyavi.

“No, I mean, what did you say?” said Sarai.

“No, I mean, what did you say?” asked Miyavi.

“Pomme, I think we have a problem.” Sarai turned toward Pomme, who was stifling a giggle.

“Pomme, I think we have a problem.” Repeated the scarecrow, turning toward Pomme as well and putting his hands on his hips.

“Sarai, I think you should give him a cookie. Maybe he’ll stop if you give him a cookie.” Replied Pomme.

“I don’t have a cookie! Besides, he just got done saying he has no internal organs, so how the hell is he supposed to digest this cookie if I give it to him?” hissed Sarai.

Miyavi looked puzzled, cocking his head to the right. Then he sat down and closed his eyes, lifting his face to the sun. Sarai stopped and looked, as did Pomme.

“What is he doing?” whispered Sarai.

“Do I look like a freaking encyclopedia, Sarai?”

“Sh! I’m thinking!” said Miyavi.

“But V, how can you think if you have no brain?” asked Pomme, gently.

He shrugged slightly, keeping his eyes closed and his face toward the suddenly very sparkly sky. Then he smiled and stood up again.

“So, can I go with you to the Pink Star City?”

“Why? Do you need something that you think the J-Rock Wizard can give you?” asked Sarai.

“Nope. I just want to come along. It is boring watching over a field of neon purple street lamps. Who plants neon purple street lights in a field?!” replied Miyavi, skipping all around Sarai and Pomme.

“Aw, come on Sarai! Let him come along. He is so cute! And besides, maybe he’ll recognize something from when he was first brought this way.” Begged Pomme.

Sarai sighed, then looked at Pomme and Miyavi who were giving her the puppy dog face. She tried not to smile at them, but found she couldn’t hide it.

“Fine. He can come.”

“Yes!” shouted Miyavi and Pomme, they then high-fived and Pomme had to hold on to Miyavi as she almost fell off of her shoes for the millionth time.

So, the three of them linked arms, mainly to keep Pomme from falling and hurting herself, and began to walk down a randomly chosen road paved with pink Gibson guitars.

No comments:

Post a Comment