Saturday, December 10, 2011

Starved and Starving: Nov. 2007

  My soul is starved for knowledge,
starved for words that once sprung
from within. I am hungry with a
passion for writing. My hand will
not be stayed, nor my mind slowed
to match the beat of this burning
heart.
  That all the world would stop in
this breathless moment and give
me room to live. That all would
fade to a merry blue and all be
dismissed and forgotten. I am
overflowing, pouring out all that
has lain hidden within for so
long.
  I am thirsty for love and starved for
knowledge. And that I drink from
this cup you have given I would ne'er
deny. For you are the breath when there
is no air and life when all must die. For
you I would kill and steal, pray and heal.
For only your words can awake
within me this lovely outpouring of
blood from my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment