Sunday, December 11, 2011

Yesterdays

  Ghosts of the past are long dead,
I killed and buried them.
  Guilt wash over me in blood red,
no sorrow will I feel for the damned.
  Go ahead its all been said,
I weep not for mem'ries long fled
  A course has been plotted, tossed
about within, mixed with my blood.
  Guilt and shame no longer stain
me, pain no longer holds sway.
Who cares for tomorrow? I will
live for today.
  For tomorrow will only bind me,
tear me down, as in a sea of yesterdays
I will drown.
  Pity will not be my friend, nor
death in loveliest garb. I won't
be trapt in retrospect moments
and painful haze.
  Emotionless born, destroyed,
bound hand and foot will I die.
Only today, the next hour, gives
me hope for a world of tomorrows.
  Drown yourself in tomorrows and
I will wait, alive at the door and dead
at the gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment