Thursday, December 22, 2011

An Enigma

  I am fire and ice, wind and ocean, light and dark. I am indescribable, an entity worth the knowing. Filled to the very soul with pain and shadows. Sheltered within a deeper shade of death, swathed with quilts of blue torment and crimson oceans of sorrow. I am captive and free, imprisoned by chains of flesh and blood. I remain bound to the earth, but unchained to the atmosphere I float upward.
  I am hot and enticing, filled with a heat and a pain. I am open and willful, quiet and loud. Dance about the flames that engulf me, try to hold my intensity in place. I cannot be held, cannot be touched. Devastation and destruction stand at my elbow, waiting to bring me to the ash of oblivion. No man may carry me to his heart, nor carry me to his may not touch me without being burned. To love me is to be in pain.
  I am frozen inside, afraid of being shattered by pain. I am cast in frigid silence, drowning within gentle waves of ice. I am cold and distant to all who try to get close. Buried alive, trapped within a mirage of happiness. I am wind, frantic to find a quiet place to hide, alone I cry. No man may know me, no arms may hold me. Bitter and alone. I am filled with the bones of men, their dying breath swallowed beneath my salty tears and broken heart. Those I love I kill and bring dead to my arms.
  I am light, bright and unstained by darker side of me. Drowning out all the pain, I cannot see it and it may not touch me. I am free of it. I am deep blackness that no man may hold. I wander alone, forsaken and abused by myself. Separated and held closely together by a pain you cannot see. Nor can you see you me, unless broken and stained by the flood of light.
  Take my heart; take all of my soul, cradle it closely and never let it break. Lend me your heart; let me cherish you close to my heart and mind. Let me care for you and you care for me. Take me as yours, only yours forever. Lead me out of this insanity to which I have been wed so long. Love me with everything that you have and promise not to let me fall away from you.
  Collapsed within myself, take hold of me. Dance unto me with leaves of darkest living green. Love me for me and only me. Take all of me, pain and weakness, strength and will. Sing me down to the depths and I will die in your arms.Loved for a moment, touched for an eternity and utterly alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment