Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Sweetest Phantom

To HAL: RIP 1979-2008

Stand beside these withered dreams,
The unseen shadows hold me tight.
Guiding me through this darkened sleep,
pass by the splintered heart as it silently beats.

Sweetest smile, drips with blood,
lips stained from a violent kiss. His mouth
is warm, her lips are cold. Two entwined,
death lies between their arms.

A splintered kiss upon my bleeding lips,
left by the ghost, the phantom of my
never-ending abyss. My muse, my
lost friend, touch my soul with poetry.

Take my hand, held safe, as I walk this
Destroyed path. These stones are broken,
They weep as we pass. Curse the moon
That it should leave us silhouetted and alone.

I know that you are there, I feel you
Breathe, kiss me and never fade. Sweet,
Sweeter than any dream, I am afraid
Don’t leave.

A paradox, frightened of the dark I cling to
its sleeve. I cannot let go of what I have
lost. Constant, you stay upon my mind,
within these wicked dreams, by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment