Friday, December 2, 2011

Chaos Rising

  You pour burning flowers down my throat,
Cast another lily on the fire. O that I had
Spoken sooner, caught your tongue like
A cat.
  I had no idea that you would call, or that
Fire could be so cold. I hate that about you
Every flower you put on doesn't burn, only
Freezes my heart.
  Do you know a riddle? Hit the nail on the
Head, carry the old woman to bed. Break
Me down, build me up, put another rose
On the fire.
  Burn me down, burn me up. Kiss me with
Kisses that sear, lips that chill me to the bone.
Haunt my soul with those burnt flowers, let the
Ghosts of all that has passed, touch me.
  I am not afraid of death, only of life that
Is so very unfair. Come, teach me Plato,
Teach me Shakespeare. Show me words
That can express the soul.
  Define God to me, even though He cannot
Be defined. Define love in words that don't
Exist. Burn another flower on the cross
That you love, then cast me on as well.
  Collapsed and broken, like the flowers you
Have burned. Am I bruised? Am I burnt up?
Do you still see me? Or have I faded like
Those unfortunate orchids?
  Love me or hate me, kiss me or hit me. Don’t
Let’s stand here in this putrid silence. White
And black photos scattered on the floor,
Those photos burn as well.
  So let’s forget this whole matter, burn the
Flowers and pour them on my coffin. Let
Them bury me in the sea of simplicity. I
Care not for anything here.
  So cast the marigold on the fire, let the
Beautiful flames fly up and let them cause
Everything else to fade away. I will remain
Hidden and open, buried by a flowery flame.

No comments:

Post a Comment